Supporting Our Troops and Our Employees
Almost half of our national defense is dependent upon permanent part-time military personnel who also hold full-time civilian jobs. In the largest deployment of the Military Reserves and National Guard since World War II, they contributed 68 million duty days in 2005.
As an employer, you are legally required to support an employee’s commitment to military service, even when reservists are called up for active duty with little warning.
This article will provide:
• A glimpse of your legal obligations
• Where to learn about the law
• Getting the work done in spite of absences
• Coping with re-entry
• Is offering a hero’s welcome a good idea?
• What can you do now?
• Best practices – what the best companies are doing
Download the pdf to learn more about Supporting Our Troops and Our Employees.